Bocas del Toro – Jungle and Bat Cave adventure
We start our tour with a visit to to Punta Hospital, where you can go on a refreshing morning snorkel, surrounded by a multitude of reef fish.
We continue our excursion to Bastimentos Island where guests are likely to encounter dolphins in Bahia Honda before plunging into the mysterious mangrove forest. If Venice was situated in Panama, this would be the location. Enjoy the eerie sensation of gliding through the many channels, dissecting the jungle wilderness. Look out for wildlife, which has made this rich ecosystem their home. Amongst the many animals you will encounter, you will very likely meet monkeys, sloths, caimans and red frogs.
As we reach the entrance of the Ngöbé-Buglé Commune, a local guide will receive you. He will lead us on a short hike though the forest, pointing out the various medicinal plants and endemic wildlife. When we arrive at the famous bat cave, we will enter the famous bat cave. Your guide will provide you with helmets and headlamps, which will light up the fascinating spectacle surrounding you. Look out for bats, hanging lazily off the rock ledges and listen to the high-pitched, ultra-sound shrieks of the little "vampires".
As we finish our adventure, our adventurous guests are invited to jump from a rock to a natural swimming pool located inside of the dark cave.
Lunch is served at a local restaurant with typical courses prepared by the community.
WHAT'S INCLUDED :
- Snorkeling equipment (full mask or mask and snorkel)
- Cool box and unlimited water
- Meeting at your hostel (in City centre or on Carenero island)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- Meal (restaurant option with typical courses between $12 and $18)
- Transfer option from your hotel
WHAT TO BRING
- Beach towel
- Don't forget to bring your smiles :)
PAYMENT & CANCELATION POLICY
- To make a reservations, payments need to be received at least 4 business days before the tour start date.
- Please send cancellation requests to email@example.com minimum 2 days before tour start date.
- No cancelations within 2 days before tour start date.
- We reserve the right to cancel a pre-paid tour due to weather or unsafe conditions, in which case we will re-schedule your tour or refund your payment.
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this tour.