Bocas del Toro – Island Hopping Day Tour
This is one of our most thought after island hopping tours giving our guests the chance to see the beautiful beaches and reefs of Bocas del Toro in one day.
The first highlight of our tour will be the resident dolphins greeting you to a new day in paradise as our lancha boat as we glide effortlessly past them towards our first destination. As we arrive at a small mangrove forest, you will be able to see sloths lounging on tree branches, enjoying their life to the fullest.
We continue on to Cayo Coral, famous for its coral gardens and perfect snorkel area. It's time to put on your snorkel mask and plunge into the balmy ocean to marvel at the colorful world below the surface. As you float weightlessly surrounded in the turquoise ocean, witness hundreds of reef fish go about their daily business in their coral and anemone homes.
Our next destination are the famous Zapatilla cays, named after their shoe-like shape. This is group of two uninhabited islands, surrounded by a coral reef, located east of Bastimentos Island. North Zapatilla Cay is only 14 hectares, while to the south, the other Zapatilla Cay is much larger, with 34 hectares.
The Zapatilla cays are famous for its spectacular coral reefs, and its crystalline waters, teeming with marine life. The islands are covered with mangrove and surrounded by fine white sand, palm and coconut trees. From March to September, on the west side of the island you can observe the migration of turtles that come to lay their eggs on these beaches. The local legend is that the islands were formed when God stepped on earth, and that is why the islands have the shape of his shoes.
At lunch time we are heading back to Cayos Coral, where a tasty and freshly prepared meal will be waiting for you in the Sea restaurant.
We finish our tour with a visit to the "Hollywood" natural pool, having earned its name from the multitude of starfish in the area. (Please remember these fragile animals should not be touched as this would harm them tremendously).
- Snorkeling equipment (full mask or mask and snorkel)
- Cool box and unlimited water
- Meeting at your hostel (in City centre or on Carenero island)
Not included :
- Meal (restaurant option with typical courses between $12 and $18)
- Transfer option from your hotel
WHAT TO BRING
- Beach towel
- Don't forget to bring your smiles :)
PAYMENT & CANCELATION POLICY
- - To make a reservations, payments need to be received at least 4 business days before the tour start date.
- - Please send cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org minimum 2 days before tour start date.
- - No cancelations within 2 days before tour start date.
- - We reserve the right to cancel a pre-paid tour due to weather or unsafe conditions, in which case we will re-schedule your tour or refund your payment.
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this tour.